Want to perform at the TSB Bank Festival of Lights this Summer?
Applications are now open!
This year the entertainment programme starts on the evening of Boxing Day and finishes on Saturday 25 January 2014. The performance time for the Hatchery Lawn stage (seven days a week) will be 8.30pm to 10.00pm and the Fred Parker Lawn (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) will be 8.00pm to 9.30pm. These dates and times may be subject to change later in the year.
Last year’s application process to perform in the festival was very successful, with over 150 applications received. If you wish to be considered as part of the performance schedule in the festival this year, please send us a letter of application which includes all of the following details:
- Phone number and email address for the main contact
- Number of band members
- Music genre - covers and/or original work
- Fee expectation for a 90minute performance
- Availability during the festival dates
- A sound bite of your music – CD, DVD or link to a YouTube (or similar) clip
- Also as part of the selection process we may wish to see your band perform live, so it would be helpful to give us dates of any gigs you may have coming up over the next couple of months.
Please note that if you apply to perform at the festival this year, there is no guarantee that your group will be allocated a slot. The number of groups interested in performing in the festival is growing rapidly every year; many performers will have to miss out. This year the selection process again includes input from a small advisory group who will be assisting with the review of the applications and making recommendations around the selection of performers.
Please send your application to:
New Plymouth District Council
Attn: Anna Carrington
Civic Centre, Liardet Street
New Plymouth, 4342
Applications will close on Friday 26 July 2013 at 5.00pm. The final line up will probably not be decided until mid to late August – please bear with us as we go through the programming process.